Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Home

So, finally I am home! What a blessing and a relief to be here. I know you have all heard of the many complications that I’ve dealt with during the past two weeks, but I can tell you that the worst seems to be over and I am doing better.

That being said, all I want to do is sit in a recliner and stare at the television or sleep. I have no energy whatsoever. This procedure, and all that was involved in it, was a very hard thing to do, and I knew it would be. But at least I can say that the stem cell transplant was a success. Our prayers were answered.

Now I am waiting for the nausea, the cough, and the GI issues to go away. In the meantime I try to force myself to eat little bits of food. It isn’t easy. I can assure you that is something I have rarely said in my lifetime!

Thank you to the many people who have called, prayed, and emailed; and sent cards, gifts, flowers, and much food to keep our family well taken care of. I feel a debt that I can never repay to everyone, so I will simply try to remain in a state of gratitude for your kindness. Thank you for everything, and God bless you all. Love, Fay