Friday, June 18, 2010

Cosmic Contemplations for My Hammock

Another week has passed, enjoyed day by day of course, and I’ve had two more Velcade/dexamethasone treatments that will continue to suppress those plasma cells trying to monopolize my blood. I’m so thankful for such a relatively benign treatment that accomplishes a truly major goal. One would think that such napalm-like devastation of these mutant cells would require something much more like Drano or Raid for Big Bad Bugs. I’m so thankful for this wonder drug that is literally saving my life.
I’ve been reading a wonderful book given to me by my friend, Teri, called Women of Courage, by Katherine Martin. It is fascinating to read about these different women and their differing ways of being courageous. It’s inspiring to hear what others have done, and their stories help me to keep my perspective on life, which is vital to my progress! If you want to be inspired, too, I really recommend it. Also, now that I've read about these women, I want to read some of their books, too.

It looks like we have a great weekend to look forward to, so I’m sharing the things I’ll be thinking about while lying in my hammock.

Mysteries of Life To Contemplate While Semi-awake in My Hammock:
  • Why are kids’ greasy popcorn hands drawn like a magnet to upholstered chairs instead of napkins?
  • Why do people put religious bumper stickers on their car and then cut you off (or worse) in traffic?
  • Why is the blue of the sky so calming?
  • Why does someone inevitably spill something on the floor the same day it gets cleaned?
  • Why do people spend lots of money to travel abroad and then complain that the food and accommodations aren’t like at home, and no one speaks English?
  • Why can’t I sing like Aretha Franklin?
  • Why do I crave hot dogs in the summer, but never in the winter?
.................. Enjoy your weekend!  ;  )