Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Slows

So, what’s up with you? Let me know, because there’s nothing much new with me, that’s for sure. I saw my doctor on Monday and signed and initialed many sheets of paper for my new treatment, Revlimid, but I can’t get it until the factory ships it to me. I guess this chemo is so restricted that it isn’t carried in a normal pharmacy. And since it is just a pill, I don’t get it at my doctor’s office like I did my other treatment, Velcade, which was given intravenously. It doesn’t inspire much confidence when you have to sign practically in blood that you understand all the risks. Okay, okay, I get it. Now, can I have it? Until I get something, guess what isn’t happening? I’m not getting better, that’s what.

Photo Website
The other new development is that I will have to give myself daily heparin injections, because this drug can cause blood clots, and I have a genetic clotting factor that makes me more susceptible than other people. I can’t complain too much about this, because there are millions of people in the world who get daily injections for diabetes and other diseases. So I’ll deal with it, but I don’t have to like it!

I’ve noticed that blogs everywhere seem to be suffering from the summer slows, mine included, so I’ve been looking around for new ones while my favorites recharge. I found a neat blog today that also has many links to foodie sites, so if you’re interested, check out Gatti Fili e Farina and click away.

By the way, I encourage you all to leave a comment every now and then or become a “follower” so that this doesn’t look like the Biggest Loser Blog ever! And in the meantime, I’ll be back once I have something new to tell you. ; )