Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Take a Ride Through Jersey, Baby


It is my opinion that we should not be serious all the time. So today's blog has nothing to do with my disease. It is a fun photoblog for my readers from other states or countries (as far away as Australia, China, Japan, Slovenia, and more!) who have no idea what New Jersey looks like. This photoblog shows sights on my drive to work each day. Don't be fooled by what you hear; despite overdevelopment in many areas, South Jersey is beautiful in certain areas. There isn't a Grand Canyon-esque type beauty, but rather a subtle one. Also, this is the East Coast---YO---so a Jersey attitude is in order, which shows up in our signage. I've included photos of some retro and odd signs that intrigue me. Most of these unprofessional photos were literally taken while driving to/from work. You will see rearview mirrors, windshield wipers, and windows! But this is all about having fun. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Through the woods, on my way to work, I see a...
Misty morning farm
Mighty Joe - believe it or not, a touching tribute to a deceased son
Field of flowers
Old town buildings
Graceful park fountain



Lush vineyards

Ubiquitous chrome diner

5,000 acres of blueberry fields in humid haze

Lake park entrance

Picturesque farm market

Lovely lake and marina.
My son took this from the back seat  ; )


Pic-A-Lilli Bar; the best Buffalo hot wings around, but a very strange, old, and ugly sign. I think it's been used for target practice.

Love Glossy Fruit and their retro sign

Sorry about the car, but why has this ugly, rusted, broken old gas sign existed for so long without any purpose?
I love it...."Only One in Jersey, Baby"
Ice Cream with a Jersey Attitude

Oh, my. What can I say?

The long and winding road, that leads to my job.
Thanks for coming along. Hope you enjoyed the ride!