Friday, May 28, 2010

Another Day Closer

Another Friday, another treatment, and another day closer to being healed. Unfortunately my veins were not cooperating today, and now I have a lovely purple bruise on my hand in addition to another puncture that worked. The poor nurse was distraught, but I told her not to worry as it was not for a lack of skill in placing the IV, because my platelets are definitely low. My Velcade/dexamethasone regimen continues next week as well. I’m hoping for a restful weekend, and having Monday off is a wonderful bonus.

Now, if only I can get my carpeting installed in my bedroom! A few weeks back we had a leak in the pipes in our master bathroom. Water seeped through the walls under the baseboard and soaked and stained the carpeting in the closet and bedroom. We detested the mess so much that we (okay, Fritz) ripped it up before getting the carpeting installed, which is now two weeks overdue. So every time I get up in the dark in the middle of the night, I fear fainting (a side effect that hasn’t happened to me, thankfully) and cracking my head on the cement floor. Maybe we will get it installed next week, and then I can begin my quest to find the perfect beachy blue accessories to transform the room. In case you hadn't noticed, silly diversions such as this are important aspects of overcoming the blahs of chemotherapy!

FYI: I’ve added a “fixed page” on my blog’s sidebar for anyone (most likely a newly diagnosed patient) who needs information about amyloidosis. I will continue to add stuff to that page as time permits. This blog is a work in progress, and I’m enjoying the process of learning how to tweak it and make it better. It took me a long time to realize how easy it is to add photos, but now I’m on a roll. The only challenge is finding photos to add to the post. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend. : )