Monday, May 17, 2010

Derelict Blogger

I admit to being blog delinquent. Blog-glectful. A derelict blogger. I admit it wasn’t the easiest of weeks. Dog-tiredness and jalapeno-stomach got me down. But I’m baaack!

I took a three-hour nap last Friday and then went to a lovely, thoughtful, and joyful wedding. It was so nice to see such a blissful bride and groom and their smiling parents. We enjoyed every last thing about that wedding---from the happy participants, delicious food, right down to the spectacular flowers by our incredibly talented cousin, Gina. Shameless plug: if you ever need floral arrangements for an event, please call me and get Gina’s number. She truly does beautiful work.

I’ve been reading a lot in the past week, and I must write about these books soon. But for now, I’ve got to rest. I’m home from work today with a sore throat, which I’m hoping will pass quickly. This is my off week from chemo, and I’m so relieved to have some time to recuperate. Taking it Day by Day…today is n’on che male…not too bad.

In the meantime, for those who love to collect recipes or at least enjoy reading them, check out a very good blogspot at http://mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com/
Browse through some of the amazing recipes categorized in the right column. These are classic American recipes with a couple of inspired twists. And if you link to any one of the co-contributors, they also have great blogspots, with their own terrific website recommendations. This could go on and on; linking, linking, linking all day long!